On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009, Christian K. wrote:
>
>> my prob is that i'm known to the usage of the libs (e. g. coding an app
>> which uses the libs) but i'm not really familiar with the internal structure
>> and how it works "under the hood". especially evas seems to be damn complex.
>>
>> to the note: yes thats what i thought first, too. but there could also be
>> some floating point optimized data types in eina and much more.
>
> maybe you should review what can be optimized with opencl in the efl and
> write something in the wiki (in the "Research items" section)

Yes, but I dare you to find way to make base data types or code to be
parallelized in real world. For example, you could make
eina_list_sort() parallel, but then we must restrict user function to
be "pure"  (mathematical sense) and not use or store global memory,
something that I see as possible but not much things are like it.
Other than that, it's not an often used feature.

EFL is quite good and fast on what's done at the moment. Where it was
easily possible to break in parallel, it is (ie: evas rendering),
other parts needs more on re-design the interfaces (ie: evas image
loader to support native async as hardware loaders)... and some just
need care to be done properly, that is the case with Efreet and it's
cpu/memory/io hog implementation.

Again, if you want to experiment and provide patches, fell very
welcome. Just don't think it's something core developers should care
much now.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri