I guess it's time we put a bit of information out there, but first some
background.

For a while now Enlightenment has been much less about its window manager and
more about the libraries behind it - EFL. And EFL have been focused on bringing
to the world beautiful experiences graphically - and in other areas too. Not
only this, but EFL has been doing it with minimal resources, always being aimed
at thinking: "What if I wanted this to run on my phone, TV, or some other very
low powered device, not my massively powerful PC". It has paid off. It manages
this now, and has for a long time. EFL is improving steadily. Recently we
released 1.0 of our core EFL libraries introducing a solid base of stability.

For a while now, Samsung Electronics has been very interested in EFL. Not just
interested, but actively using it to build a Linux based OS. This isn't really
a secret, but not many may know because it hasn't been publicized. See the
following for example:

http://www.oss.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=1609&sid=96028cc2f522ec804ec973e9b92d5bd9

This isn't just a backroom research effort by some nutty engineers. It's a
solid backed effort to build a working mobile Linux OS capable of driving
devices (such as phones, tablets or other things). Unless you've been living
under a rock, the PC operating system space has ceased being interesting or
gathering much press, and all the interest and momentum is on the device side.
Android, iOS (iPhone/iPod/iPad), WebOS, Windows Phone 7 and Meego... that's
where all the chatter seems to be now. This is also the space where there is
room to move and grow, for EFL and Linux.

So this brings up today's news. Nokia has taken a major left turn at
Albuquerque. It has moved Windows Mobile Phone 7 into the spotlight as its
primary and premier SmartPhone OS. For the past year now since Meego was
announced, Nokia have been pushing Meego and QT as seemingly a big future thing
for them. Meego has been gaining momentum and mindshare. I'll echo what many
people have now been saying (for example):

http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/fjc6m/nokia_will_partner_with_microsoft_and_use_windows/

and Nokia has said in all but explicit words, if you read between the lines.
Today's move puts the future of Meego in serious doubt. At least for Nokia's
product lineup. Only time will tell, but one thing is clear. Enlightenment and
EFL are only growing and strengthening support. Maybe those hoping for an army
of Meego Phones to invade the world may want to keep and eye out for EFL
centric devices to appear with an open Linux OS that they can develop for.

What comes out and when is still to be decided, but be sure than EFL is on the
up, and is gaining momentum, not losing it. If you fear that it may suffer a
similar fate that Meego and QT seem to be on a path to suffering due to Nokia's
change in direction, do not fear. E is solid and gaining more backing that ever.

Let's work together to build a path into the future. What I have written today
is not really secret. It's already made public. I am just summarizing it and
making it clear.

Cheers. :)