> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:07:50 +0900,
> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> ... let me guess - it only happens when NO app window is focused
> (there are no apps on the screen or none has the focus) ?

i also have this bug with my 2-day old (e16.8) cvs. and, indeed, it
_only_ happens when no windows have focus. it also has something to do
with focus-follows-pointer, because the problem does not occur if it
follows clicks. focus-follows-clicks automatically does something with
the focus when a window is closed (even if it's the last window) .. so
i would compare how focus changes in those two scenarios.

interestingly, although the bug does occur with most apps, it doesn't
with x-applications (xterm, xfontsel, etc)!?

also, the bug only seems to occur if my pointer was over the window
when i closed it. for example, if i open a window, and my mouse isn't
over it (it will get focus, since i have "all new windows get focus"),
and then i close it, although no window gets focus, the bug doesn't
occur.

also, probably on a related issue, with focus-follows-pointer, if my
mouse isn't over a window, i can't alt-tab to it =\. e will switch to
it momentarily, raise it, but then return focus to whatever is under
the mouse.