I haven't been able to solve this yet, and haven't found any clear
direction with other posts or google.

For some time I had an issue on this new laptop where Entrance would
load up fine but when I would login I would see it show the grey X
screen with the X cursor for about 1-2 seconds at most and then flash
back to the login screen.  Yet starting e17 using the enlightenment
binary worked fine, and doing a startx with e17 set up as the session
worked fine.

So, for some time I just used startx from a console.  Well, about a week
ago I did an update and had decided to try setting up entrance again.  I
had some custom things in my session script, and Entrance now used the
.desktop files, so I set up the enlightenment.desktop file in
/usr/X11R6/share/xsessions/ to Exec and TryExec to
/etc/X11/Sessions/Enlighenment, which ran various tests and configured
things then did exec enlightenment_start.  This worked great for about a
week and a half, no worries at all.

Then the other morning, I finally decided to upgrade to Xorg 7... and
did the upgrade.  Ever since, then the original problem is back...
Entrance will not start the e17 session.  I tried making other desktop
files to start other sessions and modifying it to load the binary
directly, to no avail.  The ONLY session it does start without trouble
is the failsafe built in session.
I tried rebuilding Entrance from scratch, rebuilding the config, and
various other things.

Any ideas as to why it is doing this or something I can try to debug it?