I'm stumped. I recently decided to upgrade to xorg-server 1.4.2, and
tonnes of modular dependencies like xkeyboard-config which includes
the data files in /usr/share/X11/xkb/*. (The newer versions of these
data files have the symbols/inet for my keyboard -- before I had to
manually enter them into the file.) So, there were some changes done to
my keyboard settings -- but, nothing that seems to be substantially
different than before.

And now when I start e16, it doesn't properly interpret my
~/.e16/bindings.cfg file. It does bind some things, like "KeyDown CS p
exec blabla" -- ie. "normal keys", and some "special" keys like "Menu"
and "Super_L" -- but not other ones that seem to be specific to my
laptop, like "XF86WWW" or "XF86Mail". (xev does see these keys
properly). I also have two "dollar" keys ... one as shift-4 (above
"4"), and another one near my arrow keys ... and I have a keybinding
(intended for the one near the arrow keys) "KeyDown - dollar exec
blabla", but it's triggered when I press "4"!! (I'm not pressing shift,
and it's triggered). Meanwhile when I press the other "dollar" key,
nothing happens -- e16 doesn't bind it.

BUT -- if I "eesh restart", everything gets bound properly.

I've tried e16 0.16.8.[12,13,14], and they all have this problem -- so
my guess is it's something with the updated xorg-server or
xf86-input-keyboard (1.3.1), or something to do with this newer x.