On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Chia-I Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am working on a map application and I would like to draw the GPS track
> on the map.  The track is basically lots (thousands) of line segments,
> with each segment begins at where the previous one ends.  Is it a good
> idea to represent each line segment by a line object?

No, since most algorithms we use are linear or exponential on the
number of objects, so more objects, more slowdown.

Also, Evas has no line width property, so you'll not be able to make
it with lines. Use Polygons instead. Polygons are not the most
optimized bit of Evas, however it is counted as just one object and
it's processed using the scanline polygon fill mode.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems