Hi,

 Same thing happened to me. It seems, that Enlightenment's splash
screen hangs somehow during the start-up. Disable it and you'll be fine.

 You have 3 choices here IMHO:

  2. Remove your ~/.e directory and setup your Enlightenment again.
Don't forget to disable the splash screen!
  3. Use eet to disable the splash screen in your e.cfg file. You can
keep all your settings this way.

     Regards,
           ADA