On 4/29/21 1:20 PM, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 12:09:12 +0200 Pierre Couderc via enlightenment-users
<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> said:

On 4/29/21 2:09 AM, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:27:22 +0200 Pierre Couderc via enlightenment-users
<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> said:

I have checked "don't fade backlight in "composter"...

I got soon this problem but do not remind the solution !

(using 0.24.2 by standard debian update)

Help !
then your problem has something other than to do with fading of backlight on
suspend/resume/logins/shutdown... perhaps the backlight is just fine and the
screen is black but rendering is frozen? there is an intel driver bug that
makes vsync timestamps go backwards. i put a detection block of code and
workaround in efl git...

This problem has occured 2 days ago.

Now, I have found that Settings/screen/backlight/normal backlight was
very low, and putting it at 100% gives me normal light. And it seems to
remain.

But why did it lower progressively.? I do not remind having ever gone in
that "backlight" screen. (But who knows...?)
I don't know. You don't have a backlight gadget on your shelf to control the
backlight with when you need to later the brightness?
No, thank you. I do not need that now... My internal  rule is to <b>not</b> learn to  use a tool when I am not sure I need it... ;)
Let us suppose it was one more of my mistakes...

Incidently, maybe this "Normal backlight" setting should been available
for each screen instead of being global.
If you put a backlight gadget on a shelf on each screen, then each screen is
controllable separately with that gadget (if you have ddcutil installed for
external monitor controls via DDC). Be aware - it seems at least newer ADM
system have issues with this and lead to a kernel hang in the i2c driver that
will lock up a cpu core in endless retries of some sort.

Fine !