On 5/15/21 11:23 AM, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2021 08:09:52 +0200 Pierre Couderc via enlightenment-users
<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> said:

On 5/14/21 5:52 PM, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 11:13 AM Pierre Couderc <pie...@couderc.eu> wrote:

On a "standard" e system (using  bullseye debian packages, so with e
0.23.1), the sound lowers regularly (100, then a few minutes later
80,..).

I've never seen that, either with E from buster or bullseye.  I've had
the opposite, sound suddenly getting louder, when running older versions
of Chromium/electron-based apps.  But that hasn't happened for some
years.

BTW, if you're running bullseye you should have enlightenment 0.24.2,
not 0.23.1.

In february, it was 0.23.1, now it is 0.24.2 ;)

I useĀ  e maybe a special way : with no session manager : I connect
manually at logon, then I start e with startx.... Maybe some init made
by session manager is missing...?
that should have nothing to do with it. and your tty login is still a login
session anyway... :) it's something else others don't see - and i don't know
why. i suspect it's some floating point rounding like issue where something
keeps getting some event, responding but setting value but then value is
rounded and ends up rounding down and thus creeping lower over time. unless i
can reproduce it i can't really find where that is as it'd take monitoring lots
of things over a long period of time and dumping a lot of debug from all the
pulse backend through to any gui parts etc.

as i can't do much... i have to leave it up to you to get your hands dirty and
figure it out. i'm sure it's annoying but i need to spend my time on other
things i can work on and improve/fix/ etc. :) the TODO is big enough so i have
plenty of other things to work on... :)

I do not ask that anyone solves my own problems.

I am not even sure this problem is linked with e.

But thank you to feel guilty... ;)