On 6/25/22 15:09, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
On Sat, 25 Jun 2022 11:20:25 +0200 leoutat...@gmx.fr said:

Hi
I don't know if it's right place to post
I use intel i915 driver, washed colors with hdmi  issue is a known
problem with this driver (black is grayed by tv). Since some days, I get
washed colors with hdmi on tv dual/mirrored screen. I think it's not
specific e problem because i get same issue with gnome test
environnement. May be a kernel driver regression. I'm wondering if there
is way to solve this problem inside enlightenment with some rgb setting,
or an other way...

My guess is it will be an issue deeper down - probably in reading /setting up
the edid color transform matrix and it's maybe mis-reading the color transform
or the wrong transform is being supplied by the monitor. you can try force
different EDIDs. if you have only a single screen you can use:

drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/your_edid.bin

and google for edid bin files. like at: https://github.com/linuxhw/EDID

i don't know of a way to do this in xorg itself. you can try play with xgamma
to set gamma curves for rgb/gray. e has no specific support for this (though
eventually something to add a front end). xgamma works nicely for single
screens. xrandr on the cmdline lest you set it per output (also set
brightness). again - no front end in e for this at this point (patches...
accepted :)).

what probably is the best thing to do is git bisect your kernel. the last
kernel version that works to the current and see what commit broke it. it will
take some time and kernel compiling and so on but you will have a patch you
can revert AND a useful bug report for the upstream devs that that patch broke
things and so it can get fixed.

Issue is solved after uninstalling linux-firmware package
I reported bug here
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/75169

--
Maderios