On Sun, 10 Jul 2022 12:05:48 -0400 Conrad Knight <iestynap...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> I recently updated EFL and E from git and have noticed some weirdness
> when E starts up.
>
> (I updated on July 3rd, previous build was from June 14th, just
> checked again now and git didn't update anything for me.)
>
> I have a terminology window set to open when E starts, using the
> window remember options. Since the update, the window opens as a solid
> black rectangle instead of the semi-transparent terminal it should be.
> It's completely black, no text in it, but it does have the outside
> shadow decoration of an active window.
>
> Any new terminology window opens correctly. Also, if i minimize the
> black window and then restore it, it's drawn correctly as a terminal.
> At a guess, there's something out-of-sequence with creating the
> remembered window and E rendering its contents.
>
> I've downgraded to my previous EFL build and the problem goes away.
> The only difference that might be relevant is the notes in the README
> say to use "-Ddrm=false -Dopengl=full" whereas before i had used
> "-Ddrm=true" (and no opengl option). The README says this is to
> prevent windows not updating correctly with nvidia. Could this instead
> be causing this one window to not update at the right time?

I have seen no such issues on intel or amd. It'd have the same issue on restart
too (ctl+alt+end) probably. the notes in the readme are a result of hearing
feedback from people on nvidia. it would seem their egl/gles support is
certainly sub-par from what I hear. but this is a change to the readme, not a
change to any default config - you'd have to change the config as the readme
says to have to be different.

if you havent changed any build options/config then doing some git bisecting
would be a good idea.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com