On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 11:00:48 +0900 Masaru Nomiya <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> said:

> Hello,
>
> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [e-users] e-crash issue
>   Date & Time: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 10:54:49 +0000
>
> [CH] == Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> has written:
>
> CH>  On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 19:02:45 +0900 Masaru Nomiya
> CH> <nom...@galaxy.dti.ne.jp> said:
>
> [...]
> MN> > Anyway, I uploaded it here under the file nmae dump.tgz;
> MN> >
> MN> >
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VLvws1FYbjOUsAw3z8RLDSCzy9QQZjhl/view?usp=sharing
>
> CH>  i need ~/.e-log.log to see asan's output... th crashdump is also
> CH>  useful-but the asan log in ~/.e-log.log is very important. here
> CH>  what i see is a crash inside malloc itself, so i think by now
> CH>  everything will have gone bad and memory malloc relies on
> CH>  tracking allocations is somehow messed up.
>
> CH>  you might have to go back to good old valgrind...
>
> Finally, I was able to get .e-log.log.
>
> No matter how many times I did the debug build, the .e-log.log was not
>  generated, and I finally figured out that it was caused by gcc13
>  installed with the Tumbleweed update, and added the following;
>  ASAN_OPTION
>
>       detect_stack_use_after_return=0

that is actually a useful thing in asan it should trap and find and report.

https://www.enlightenment.org/contrib/efl-debug

has an asan section and suggests some asan options that won't impact e/efl.

> to ASAN_OPTION was the solution.
>
> Anyway, today, I got an e-crash.
>
> When I downloaded the 02_o.png file from this site;
>
> https://internet.watch.impress.co.jp/img/iw/docs/1469/183/html/02_o.png.html
>
> e-crash appeared.
>
> I solidified the e-log.log into a log.tgz and uploaded it to the
> following location;
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/100t8RwoGCtFdqAvZmWKpuVPA1UH0qca5/view?usp=sharing

I see like complete eina log output (not useful). you've raised your eina log
level to something really extreme... but there is nothing in there from asan.
so .. you didn't get that log, or asan is not working. i suggest you reduce
your eina log levels again to normal