On Tue, 10 Jan 2023 16:20:46 -0300 Wido <wido...@gmail.com> said:

> Hi Carsten! I appreciate that you always take the time to respond to users
> :)
>
> > E has its own cursors that uses the efl/e theme
> I know, I tried, I actually notice the "same behaviour". EFL mouse on some
> apps, X mouse on other apps (I just tried, sublime uses E theme, chrome and
> kde uses X theme)

pointers work like this:

all windows in x inherit the pointer from their parent window. e sets a pointer
on the root window. thus apps will inherit this pointer unless they override it
themselves and set a new pointer on their own window(s). nothing the wm can do
about this. so apps that don't override will just inherit whatever e sets.
otherwise they are on their own and set their own pointers.

> > if you use something else then "you're mileage may vary"
> I guess that is understandable, but would it be possible to have some
> hints/idea/helps on how to define this for a consistent env? Again, I am
> aware this is probably out of E's scope, but it _feels_ like as a DE you
> actually should care. As I user, I _expect_ the DE to own the cursor theme
> in one way on another.

it's not possible. any app can set any pointer they like at any time on any
window. there are x cursor themes that many apps use - these are limited and
e/efl do not use them because of that (e.g. the animations that e does in
pointers to show the resize direction or moving animation or the blue flash
when you click are not possible via x cursor themes as they are simple static
images OR a series of N images that loop. as these are limited and thus can't
do things like also adapt to color palette changes, scaling like  efl does it ,
e pretty much doesn't bother much due to it being so limited. you can set an x
cursor theme yourself and go find something and set that with environment
variables, .Xdefaults files etc.