Masaru Nomiya ha scritto il 05/03/23 alle 12:43:
Hello,

In the Message;

   Subject    : Re: [e-users] enlightenment audio default device issue
   Date & Time: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 12:04:45 +0100

[MM] == Massimo Maiurana <maiur...@gmail.com> has written:

[...]
MN>> Tell me the product name and manufacturer of the bluetooth device you
MN>> are using.

MM>  It's a dongle, lsusb identifies it as follows:
MM>  ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

MM>  The laptop has an internal usb device that some time ago stopped
MM>  working, so i had to buy this dongle and also had to deactivate
MM>  the internal chip via this udev rule:
MM>  SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04ca", ATTRS{idProduct}=="3018",
MM>  ATTR{authorized}="0"
[...]

In your case, the udev rule needs two parts: disable device and
enable device, but your rule only has an enable rule, it seems.

Sorry, i didn't understand. My rule removes authorization for the internal device, hence it's disabled and indeed lsusb doesn't report it in the list. Why should i explicitly enable the dongle? It's is already enabled, i just have to plug it in.

Regards & Good Nighht

---
┏━━┓彡    Masaru Nomiya               mail-to: nomiya @ lake.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "A society bound by e-mail and mobile phones deprives us of the
          freedom to face ourselves and indulge our fantasies."

                                        -- Michael Crichton (Speech in Japan) --