On Sun, 28 May 2023 19:02:03 +0200 leoutat...@gmx.fr said:

> Le 28/05/2023 à 13:48, Carsten Haitzler a écrit :
> > On Sun, 28 May 2023 10:58:53 +0200 leoutat...@gmx.fr said:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> I got issue with last mesa version 23.1.1-1 or 23.1.0-1 and Intel driver
> >> i915: opengl doesn't work with enlightenment (git version).
> >> Message when i start e:
> >> "compositor warning Your display driver doesn't support OPenGL/GLSL
> >> shaders or no OpenGL engines were compiled or installed for Evas or
> >> Ecore-Evas. Falling back to software engine"
> >> Downgrading to previous version 23.0.3-1 solved issue
> >> Conditions : Arch system, laptop, i915 intel driver
> >
> > Perhaps you should dig deeper. glxinfo. eglinfo - did your upgrade switch
> > to software opengl (llvmpipe) or something. either way - the upgrade now
> > results in evas being unable to init egl/gles which did work before...
> >

> Some issue with libegl
>
> #After restarting enlightenment with Mesa 23.1.1
> #
> glxinfo -B
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
> Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
>      Vendor: Mesa (0xffffffff)
>      Device: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits) (0xffffffff)

^^^ llvmpipe. that is your problem. that is a software renderer. if evas
allowed that you'd have software fallback rendering inside mesa. evas detects
this known software renderer and blacklists it - doesn't allow init to happen.
that means evas falls back to using its own software renderer which should be a
lot faster.

so .. your problem is this. your gl libs/implementation have become a software
only implementation, not accelerated. you will have to work on that end of
things and find out why and what to do to fix that.

>      Version: 23.1.1
>      Accelerated: no
>      Video memory: 5831MB
>      Unified memory: yes
>      Preferred profile: core (0x1)
>      Max core profile version: 4.5
>      Max compat profile version: 4.5
>      Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
>      Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.2
> Memory info (GL_ATI_meminfo):
>      VBO free memory - total: 31 MB, largest block: 31 MB
>      VBO free aux. memory - total: 4720 MB, largest block: 4720 MB
>      Texture free memory - total: 31 MB, largest block: 31 MB
>      Texture free aux. memory - total: 4720 MB, largest block: 4720 MB
>      Renderbuffer free memory - total: 31 MB, largest block: 31 MB
>      Renderbuffer free aux. memory - total: 4720 MB, largest block: 4720 MB
> Memory info (GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info):
>      Dedicated video memory: 4293334193 MB
>      Total available memory: 4293340025 MB
>      Currently available dedicated video memory: 31 MB
> OpenGL vendor string: Mesa
> OpenGL renderer string: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
> OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
> OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
>
> OpenGL version string: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL shading language version string: 4.50
> OpenGL context flags: (none)
> OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
> OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
>
> eglinfo -B
> GBM platform:
> EGL API version: 1.5
> EGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> EGL version string: 1.5
> EGL client APIs: OpenGL OpenGL_ES
> OpenGL core profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL core profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)

same here (as above). software only. no accelerated renderer.

> OpenGL core profile version: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL core profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL compatibility profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL compatibility profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)

again here.

> OpenGL compatibility profile version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa
> 23.1.1
> OpenGL compatibility profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL ES profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL ES profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL ES profile version: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL ES profile shading language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
>
> Wayland platform:
> eglinfo: eglInitialize failed
>
> X11 platform:
> libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
> EGL API version: 1.5
> EGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> EGL version string: 1.5
> EGL client APIs: OpenGL OpenGL_ES
> OpenGL core profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL core profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)

here too.

> OpenGL core profile version: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL core profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL compatibility profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL compatibility profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)

etc.

> OpenGL compatibility profile version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa
> 23.1.1
> OpenGL compatibility profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL ES profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL ES profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)

etc.

> OpenGL ES profile version: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL ES profile shading language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
>
> Surfaceless platform:
> libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen
> EGL API version: 1.5
> EGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> EGL version string: 1.5
> EGL client APIs: OpenGL OpenGL_ES
> OpenGL core profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL core profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)

etc.

> OpenGL core profile version: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL core profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL compatibility profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL compatibility profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL compatibility profile version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa
> 23.1.1
> OpenGL compatibility profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL ES profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL ES profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL ES profile version: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL ES profile shading language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
>
> Device platform:
> Device #0:
>
> Platform Device platform:
> libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen
> libEGL warning: egl: failed to create dri2 screen
> eglinfo: eglInitialize failed
>
> Device #1:
>
> Platform Device platform:
> EGL API version: 1.5
> EGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> EGL version string: 1.5
> EGL client APIs: OpenGL OpenGL_ES
> OpenGL core profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL core profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL core profile version: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL core profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL compatibility profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL compatibility profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL compatibility profile version: 4.5 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa
> 23.1.1
> OpenGL compatibility profile shading language version: 4.50
> OpenGL ES profile vendor: Mesa
> OpenGL ES profile renderer: llvmpipe (LLVM 15.0.7, 256 bits)
> OpenGL ES profile version: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.1.1
> OpenGL ES profile shading language version: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20

as above. efl is right. your mesa/driver implementation has broken and reverted
to being a software one and not accelerated.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com