Hello. E17 0.24.2

I am trying to modify some keys, and after more than 4h, here is my point:

$ xmodmap -v -pke | grep -e comma -e 194 ; echo A ; xmodmap -pke -e "keycode 58 = comma question comma question" -e "keycode 194 = comma" | grep -e 58 -e 194 ; echo B ; xmodmap -v -pke | grep -e comma -e 194 ; sleep 1 ; echo C ; xmodmap -v -pke | grep -e comma -e 194 keycode  58 = comma question comma question dead_acute dead_doubleacute dead_acute
keycode 194 = XF86Launch7 NoSymbol XF86Launch7
keycode  58 = comma question comma question
keycode 158 = XF86WWW NoSymbol XF86WWW
keycode 194 = comma NoSymbol comma
keycode  58 = comma question comma question dead_acute dead_doubleacute dead_acute
keycode 194 = XF86Launch7 NoSymbol XF86Launch7
keycode  58 = comma question comma question dead_acute dead_doubleacute dead_acute
keycode 194 = XF86Launch7 NoSymbol XF86Launch7

Also, in the terminal running xev, I see a lot of

MappingNotify event, serial 317, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    request MappingKeyboard, first_keycode 8, count 248

I have also tried to use the Settings>input>KeyBindigs, and assign "sleep 0.18 ; xdotool key parenright" ; hitting the key produces a FocusOut event, thus the need for a sleep, to inject the key after the focus regain, but this has a very low reliability.

Using xmodmap, keys are immediately rebinded to default, withint less than 1s.

I have tried to untick both X11 basics in Settings>Apps>DesktopEnv; no gain.

Didn't found anything relevant in Settings>Language>Input Method.

*=> how to get xmodmap modifications not get cancelled within micro seconds ?*

I have bought a Bluetooth digipad, and since it lacks some features, I want to reassign XF86Launch7(194) to comma. And few other similar things.

ChatGPT tried to make me use xkb, but the commands all failed:
$ xkbcomp -w 0 - <<< 'xkb_keymap { xkb_keycodes { <AD08> = [ comma, less ]; }; };' $DISPLAY
Errors encountered in stdin; not compiled.
$ xkbcomp -w 0 - <<< 'xkb_keymap { xkb_keycodes { 194 = [ comma, less ]; }; };' $DISPLAY
Errors encountered in stdin; not compiled.

--
 >o_/ DEMAINE Benoît-Pierre (aka DoubleHP)http://benoit.demaine.info/
If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would'nt have work \_o<

"So all that's left, Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."
(FAKE TALES OF SAN FRANCISCO, Arctic Monkeys)