On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 19:13:21 +0200 daniel antoine <univa...@gmail.com> said:

> When I arrive to launch an enlightenment wayland session I have notice
> errors in the .e_log.log file. I Have a lot of loop time errors like:
> Eccore: Trying to set loop time (58,36538400) 0,00003410s too far in the
> future Eccore: Trying to set loop time (58,38621500) 0,00003231s too far in
> the future Eccore: Trying to set loop time (58,39315800) 0,00003895s too far
> in the future
>
> I have found that there  is a commit addressing it
> https://git.enlightenment.org/enlightenment/efl/commit/1d57aa2a4ce795150ab47706dad07edd12a2b632
> . Does this commit only address a problem in a X11 session and not in
> wayland.
>
> I suppose it cause garbles in the windows

It'd have nothing to do with garbles. it's the vsync timestamps and will
affect timing of animation. it's kind of a problem with vsync timestamps and
events - the timestamp for vsync events is top-left pixel (estimated) which may
be some time int he future - hopefully not too far though. those logs will mean
efl just used current time for the timestamp then.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com