El mar, 02-01-2024 a las 19:54 +0100, aguador via enlightenment-users
escribió:
> Happy New Year to all -- and thanks to Rasterman and the other devs
> for
> the 0.26 Christmas present!
>
> I am sure this has come up before. When the default setting of
> allowing
> windows to extend partially beyond the screen limits is retained,
> some
> non-maximized windows will open partly outside (a pain with LO Writer
> and can happen if I have made the Firefox window smaller). I have
> never
> understood why this should be, but it can be controlled.
>
> However, this question is about a window that jumps out when a button
> is clicked. Specifically I have been testing a new back link feature
> being added to https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng.
>
> Two screenshots corresponding to the following are here:
> https://c.gmx.es/@558252282525778603/YvG2FUw5SHam8RcLzj_qQw
>
> There is a link icon at the top of the notes, to the right of the
> search icon, that is currently set to create a note from a string
> selected in the body of the note (1st screenshot, "Covadonga"). The
> feature being added means that after the notes are saved
> (automatically
> or manually), clicking on the link in the new (here, "Covadonga")
> note
> with nothing selected will open a popup with a list of notes
> containing
> the link. The problem is that this causes the note window to move
> beyond the top and left limits of the screen (second screenshot).
>
> In my limited tests the position to which the note jumps is absolute.
> It does not matter where the note was open before clicking, it seems
> go to the same point off the screen each time.
>
> The developer has tested this on about a dozen different DEs and E is
> the only one in which this happens. Basic questions:
>
>  * What might be causing the window to move (as there is no code in
> the
>    program calling for that)?
>  * Given the possible causes, what would be the possible fixes?

Additional information:

 * This only affects the program's gtk2 version, qt5 (and presumably
   qt6) is (are) fine.
 * The tests were done on X, not Wayland.
 * The placement of the popup list is defined by reading the note's
   left and adding to it the link button's left so that popup appears
   (or should appear) over that button.