I'm on the list, please don't reply to me directly (it breaks Reply To
List for me).

On Thu May 17 2018 06:43:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), William
Spratt <william.spr...@fera.co.uk> wrote:
> <shrugs>
>
> Not my call.  Sometimes you’ve just got to play the cards your dealt.
> In this case I have no say in the security software.

True, but at a minimum you can explain the issues - both the immediate
problem and the underlying extremely bad choice (to allow local admin
privs and then try to manage the chaos that brings) - and recommend
alternatives. ESET Endpoint Security is my choice for AV/Malware etc,
been using it for 12+ years with zero infiltrations (knock wood) to date.

Regardless, allowing all users to have Local Admin privs is simply not a
choice in todays world. I personally wouldn't work with a client that
chooses this path, because they will eventually pay the price.