Title: Re: Compacting database - frequency?
There is a small benefit to compacting regularly. Entourage maintains internal sort tables. Those sort tables are optimized on a compact.

However, you should only choose the rebuild option if your database is damaged. Many people believe that rebuilding your database will protect you from future corruption. That just isn’t the case.