Carol F. Bruml wrote:

> However, in my primary account ONLY, for the past two days, the Folders List
> part of the window keeps disappearing, and often won't reappear when I go to
> View and uncheck then re-check it in the options. I have to restart
> Entourage, or once, even restart the computer to get it back.

Hmmmm, this is a strange one. I don't ever remember this coming up before so
we will just have to use troubleshooting techniques to find a solution.

1. Look at your physical drive. How full? Have you run DiskWarrior or
DiskFirstAid lately?

2. Try applying the latest Apple combo. Doing so overwrites potentially
problem-causing files. Several users have reported this fixed some odd
problems they were having with Entourage. Combo updaters will install on the
same version as they¹re applying‹no need to roll back or do a clean install.

Leopard:

Mac OS X 10.5.4 Combo Update
 (For both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macs )
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1054comboupdate.html>

Tiger:

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411comboupdateppc.html>

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (Intel)

<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx10411updateintel.html>

If the combo did not solve your problem then continue.....

3. Eliminate your User's folder by testing in a new User. Move your
Microsoft User Data folder to shared, then drag (it actually copies) it into
the Documents folder of a new User. Go to System Preferences --> Create a
New User in Accounts. Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast
User Switching. Remember to move your Microsoft User Data folder back after
testing.

If the problems go away in the new User, then it's in your User's folder. If
it does not go away, then you would need to create a new Identity and enter
all account info to test if it really is your Identity or try rebuilding. If
you decide to rebuild, make a backup copy first. The rebuild process does a
copy, but rarely things go wonkers and the backup is bad leaving you without
a working Identity.

Let us know what you find.

--
Diane