--

--------- Forwarded Message ---------

DATE: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:26:26
From: "fitri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

----- Original Message -----
From: Donni Akbar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 02, 2000 9:59 AM
Subject: [hi93ers] DO YOU CARE..??

> Dolphin Slaughter - Petition
>

> "If you watched Carte Blanche a few Sundays ago you will have seen the
> most appalling footage of bottlenose dolphins being hoisted out of the
> water,
> having their throats slit and writhing pathetically on the dock as they
> take minutes to die.
>
> This is a clipping of an article from the Internet Africa New Website
> (used here with permission). The subject of this article is so appalling
>
> that
> I decided to try and do something about it.
> Hopefully this e-mail will make it's way to others that feel similarly."
>
>     SLAUGHTER OF 17 000 DOLPHINS READY TO BEGIN
>
>  Fishermen in central Japan are set to begin hunting dolphins, an annual
>
> event which comes around every autumn. This year, however, the activity
> might trigger controversy after the recent international outcry over
> Japan's whaling programme.
> The dolphin hunting season officially got under way on Sunday in the
> small
> port town of Taiji
> - the traditional home of Japanese whaling - some 450km southwest of
> Tokyo.
> Poor weather has prevented fishermen from going out to sea so far,
> but they plan to catch a total of nearly 2 400 dolphins and smaller
> species
> of whales
> during the season, which runs until the end of April, a local official
> said.
>
>  Both whaling and dolphin hunting are traditions that date back hundreds
>
> of years in Japanese society. But unlike Japan's whaling programme,
> which
> Tokyo says is for scientific research purposes, dolphins
> are hunted purely to provide meat for consumption, a Fisheries Agency
> official said.
> The hunt was being carried out in accordance with International  Whaling
>
> Commission (IWC) rules, according to the Fisheries Agency official,
> adding that strict quotas were set each year. In addition to
> Taiji, dolphin hunting is allowed at several other ports and a total of
> nearly 17 000 dolphins are caught every season.
>
>  If you feel strongly enough about this, please copy this entire mail,
> pass it into a new mail (to keep the formatting neat), add your name,
> city,
> country and email address and send it to anyone that you think will feel
>
> the same. If you find that your name is at number  100, please forward
> the
> entire petition to the following address:

> Every time I receive 100 names I will forward them to various
> organisations such as Green Peace in order to help them in their fight
> against this
> sort of atrocity. Thanks for your concern!
>
> 1. Anneke van der Walt,Hogsback, SA
> 2. Donovan Moncur, Hogsback,SA
> 3. Liezel Van Niekerk,Pretoria,SA
> 4. Wian Wogang,Pretoria,SA
> [...]

--------- End Forwarded Message ---------

Great Gift Idea!  FREE cell phone, internet ready at Lycos Marketplace
 http://www.inphonic.lycos.com/redirect.asp?referringpage=www.lycosd1

Mulai langganan: kirim e-mail ke [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Stop langganan: kirim e-mail ke [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Archive ada di http://www.mail-archive.com/envorum@ypb.or.id

Kirim email ke