Just a quick note to report my absolute bliss with my new D30.

The camera's automatic white balance is remarkable. Of course, this
is something that's dramatically different with a digital camera, as
you can change WB and ISO settings on the fly, making virtual film
changes as it were.

I shot a couple dozen photos at my kids' school the other day in
really pathetic florescent light, and the results were absolutely
incredible. The folks at the school were in awe of the fact that I
could walk across the hallway to our computer lab, pop the USB cable
into the camera, download the photos, and look at them, all before
the kids had gotten back into their classrooms from their assembly.

Kudos for Canon!

More reports as I accumulate more hours behind the wheel!
--
Steve Maller
Burlingame, California

come see my pictures at http://www.maller.com/photos/