Le 13/05/2011 02:55, Rick Waldron a écrit :
David,

For clarification, can you give a working example (ie runable in FF nightly) of this:

"Object.prototype.toString could return different
things for DOM objects. This can certainly be implemented in pure
ES.next with WeakMaps. "
Sure. Here is an example of what I was thinking: https://gist.github.com/970223 I run it directly on the webconsole and it works like a charm (Tested on latest FF nightly on Windows 7 64bits)
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- I have no idea which DOM "classes" people expect and what particular values of [[Class]] are set for them. - I do not create objects respecting the DOM interfaces (it shouldn't make any difference, but tell me if you think it does) - My sole purpose was to prove feasbility. I am aware that the solution I show is suboptimal in several ways (especially the several redefinitions of Object.prototype.toString) - The same could have been achieved with arrays instead of weak maps, but would have led to memory leaks. - I assume the "environment setting" code to run in a fresh conforming ES environment (ES5.1 + current implicit consensus on WeakMaps)

David