Hi,

I have posted this to the long thread of "Minimalist Classes", but since I have
not got any response, I assume it got lost into a long discussion. So I thought
I'll give it another try on fresh thread.

I do really liked direction that Jeremy tried to push classes to, but still I
don't understand why do we need to introduce new syntax to the language. From
what I can tell, lack of classes or special syntax for creating ones, is not a
problem. Problem is amount of ceremony one needs to perform inherit or subclass
if you like.

Also, I think we don't need new `class` expression to solve actual problems we
have, simple function will do the job perfectly here, also it will add zero
learning curve! I forked Jeremy's proposal and modified it to ilustrate how
existing subclassing problems can be solved without introducing new constructs
to the language or adding more verbosity. Please also note that there is
nothing new here, lot's of frameworks do this already (hide prototype
machinery), but each does it with it's own flavored API which is IMO another
problem that standardization should solve. The classes problem is very similar
to `Function.prototype.bind` that ES5 solved greatly, why not do the same for
classes ?

https://gist.github.com/1355701

In addition I tried to address few other concerns I had with a proposal:

-  `constructor` property as initializer is poor choice raising many questions
(what will be prototype of constructor property if it's used in more then one
class, if it's frozen etc).
- Some people in the community would love to have frozen classes others value
flexibility, simple functions make it easy to build first out of second without
becoming a second class citizen.

Please note, that I intentionally omitted `super` as it's separate problem that
is / must be discussed in the separate thread / proposal.
Regards
--
Irakli Gozalishvili
Web: http://www.jeditoolkit.com/