Erik Arvidsson wrote:
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Brendan Eich<bren...@mozilla.com>  wrote:
Erik Arvidsson wrote:
I'm with Allen, Andreas and others that the craziness needs to stop.
Which craziness?

That the prototype of the constructor needs to be a special case of
the instances created by the constructor.

Today, both "new Date" and "Date.prototype" are date objects. I think
this just makes things more complicated for no apparent gain.

Yes, and it makes that side channel that vexed Mark and SES (Caja).

Can we change incompatibly? Rick just asked what code relies on builtins being firstborns. No one relies on degenerate firstborns except by toString "tag testing".