> On Apr 19, 2016, at 1:40 AM, Jordan Harband <ljh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think Array#get/Array#set are the most reasonable suggestions offered so
> far, but I don't think the added value will be enough to convince the
> committee that it's worth adding to the already large API surface of the
> language - and the asymmetry with the similar methods on `Map`/`Set` would be
> problematic (note that `Set#get(-1)` does not retrieve the last item in the
> set, for example).

A different approach that addresses a broader set of use cases is described in
http://web.archive.org/web/20141230040303/http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:object_model_reformation

<http://web.archive.org/web/20141230040303/http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:object_model_reformation>

Of course, that proposal is quite out of date (“private names” instead of
Symbols, etc.) and would require some significant updating to the current state
of the language.

Allen