I think this is a very interesting idea.  TC39 has put a lot of effort into
community  transparency over the last decade but Ecma International (really
most international standards organization) is organizationally not structured
or naturally inclined to directly accept “contributions” from individual.
Changing this within Ecma has been and will continue to be a slow and sometimes
frustrating process.  The idea of a NFP joining Ecma as a community surrogate
is an interacting way to approach the problem. I think it could work.

However, while the idea is simple enough the actual process of building and
sustaining such a NFP is not so simple. Kevin Smith has already raised some
very valid cautions about this. In particular, his cautions about the amount
personal time required of you (or any other individuals sharing leadership
respondability of the NFP) should not be ignored.

But, I think this really could be a viable solution if you and other organizers
of the NFP are sufficiently motivated and committed.

I’d happy to act as an adviser as you try to get this organizers.

Allen

PS, you might find this provides some useful background on TC39 participation:
http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf
<http://wirfs-brock.com/allen/files/papers/standpats-asianplop2016.pdf>