> On Aug 28, 2017, at 12:29 PM, Sebastian Malton <sebast...@malton.name> wrote:
>
> The outcome of this basically means "return from current context up one level
> and then return from there”.

This would be a terrible violation of functional encapsulation.  How do you
know that the (e.g.) forOf function isn’t internally using a encapsulated
helper function that is making the actual call to the call back.  You simply
have no way to predict where returning from the current context “up one” means.

> A current method of doing this is by using try / catch but it is not ideal.
> Using the above method I believe that it would be able to be better optimized.

This technique provides a meaningful semantics because it allows the
controlling outer function to define what early return means.