From: es-discuss <es-discuss-boun...@mozilla.org> On Behalf Of Michael Theriot
Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2020 5:10 PM
To: kai zhu <kaizhu...@gmail.com>
Cc: es-discuss@mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Why does a JavaScript class getter for a private field fail using
a Proxy?

I assume OP wants to use proxies and private members together. They are not
designed to be compatible.

Proxies and private members are a UX goal primarily for developers. Proxies
easily allow observation of another object or creation of exotic objects (e.g.
Array), and private members (safely) allow classes with internal slots. Since
they cannot be used together the issue exists, and the hack circumvents this by
reimplementing private in a way that does not require private fields.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 4:45 PM kai zhu