From: Bob Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Eug-lug]binhex

Grigsby, Garl wrote:

> hit the following link to get apt for redhat. I have been using it
> for a while.
>
> http://apt.freshrpms.net/

I don't see how the apt command, in isolation, is going to get you
much.  You also need a distribution whose maintainers are working
hard at maintaining forward and backward migration paths and
keeping all the necessary dependency information correct.

Yeah, sure, if your fingers are committed to typing, "apg-get install
foo" instead of "wget http://url/to/foo-1.2.3.rpm && rpm -i
foo-1.2.3.rpm", that'll help a little, but it still doesn't save you
from Dependency Hell, does it?

("Heh, heh.  He said, `Hell'."
 "Does that mean this is a religious flame?")

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]