On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:26:44AM +0100, Jamie Kitson wrote:
> Hi, I got your address after reading about your dd bs speed test. Me and a
> friend are having an argument, he recons that your test is tainted by your
> hardware... can you prove him wrong for me?
>
> Thanks, Jamie

Jamie, that test was probably in a very old email.  Please repost the
relevant portions.

Anyway, the test is testing hardware, so of course it is "tainted" or
"biased" or dependent upon the very hardware it is testing.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your