I *love* mozilla mail, esp 1.5, although I don't use it myself at this
point.  I've set it up for a number of folks, here at my day job and
elsewhere, and everyone likes it.  One thing I've noted is that you have
to go into the spam filter config in the Tools menu, to tell it to dump
your [proposed] spam into a "Junk" folder, so that you can go in there
and pull out false negatives while you train it.  Without fail, I always
see a new MozillaMail setup call obviously-desirable mail spam -- the
easiest way to fix this is to start loading up your addressbook with
whitelisted addresses!  Cheers.

   Ben