Tim,

You have to open the port to outside computers, for me that means editing
a file at /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and adding a line "here and there" that
says something like "Allow From 192.168.4.*".  Then restart cups and
watch /var/log/cups/error_log and /var/log/cups/access_log.  Make sure
you can load http://tesla:631/ with your browser from boyle.

Ralph