On Wednesday, December 10, 2003, at 02:40 PM, Cory Petkovsek wrote:

Those words to not appear on the page nor in the source.  Google says
they cannot change their database records and ranking system.  This is
not cool.  I'm glad that nutch.org is well under development.

It's the result of a googlebomb, a bunch of bloggers latched on to the idea
and because GW is rather unpopular with a lot of people it's been picked up by
a lot of people.

It's not google's fault that the web is filled with links like

<A href="http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/gwbbio.html"; > Miserable Failure<A/>

in this case google is accurate in the sense that GW is the most target of links referring to miserable failure; whether it's being accurate in the larger sense is going to depend on your bias.

spamdexing is a big problem for any public search engine, and that google has been
so good for as long as it has been gave many people a false sense of security.

If you want to see someone who's really torqued at google; visit
http://www.scroogle.org/

and find out just how unhappy people can be when google doesn't behave the way they expect it too.

--
"You are the eventuality of an anomaly , which despite my sincerest
efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony