From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of larry price
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 7:25 PM
To: Eugene Unix and Gnu/Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Eug-lug] WRT54G and WRT54GL routers

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Ben Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> PS - and in regards to the earlier comment about Comcast... I mean hey
> c'mon, if you were MY customer and violated OUR business agreement I'd leave
> you right away.  I'm pretty sure Comcast's fine print doesn't allow most P2P
> apps... not sure but just wanted to say hey folks be a little reasonable.

Comcast is getting schooled by the FCC over that very topic

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080310-fcc-chair-warns-isps-against-making-arbitrary-distinctions.html

> If EFN was still available as an ISP, then I'd point you to them.... but it
> appears [to my in my sheltered little world] that their zealousness led to
> their demise.  Let's not have that happen to EUGLUG, 'kay?  Don't get me
> wrong, I love this group for all of our quirks ;)  That's not going to keep
> me from expressing my opinion, either.

Your recitations of the alleged 'radical politics' of this list and of
EFN are rather hard not to take as a personal attack. Particularly
when made to someone who is just meeting me for the first time.

It is irritating and I wish you would stop it.