  1) DIY turbines for extended range
        by Geopilot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: CutOff
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) to quote the Beatles, "HELP"  Zilla problems
        by Matthew Milliron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: AC Motor?
        by "damon henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Clutch, Keepin' it.
        by "Jay Caplan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) EV parts ordered! - ?questions?
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: "Current" generation of Thundersky
        by "Claudio Natoli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) EV parts ordered! - ?questions?
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: EV parts ordered! - ?questions?
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: Wanted: Knife switch for battery disconnect [clarification]
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: EV parts ordered! - ?questions?
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: AC Motor?
 13) Re: AC Motor?
 14) Re: BB600 ni-cads, Re: What batteries to try next?
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: AC =?UTF-8?B?TW90b3I/?=
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: Clutch
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) RE: Adaptor?
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: Adaptor?
        by "Phil Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: EV parts ordered! - ?questions?
        by "Mark Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Plug-in Hybrids/Senate Bill S1617 and if you want to contact your
senator...
        by "Beth Silverman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: Plug-in Hybrids/Senate Bill S1617 and if you want to contact your
senator...
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Clutch, Keepin' it.
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Solectria Force Contactor?
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: Engine parts to keep?
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 25) Google presses for 100 MPG vehicle
        by "Richard Acuti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Clutch, Keepin' it.
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message --- Anyone interested in the idea of buying a lightweight turbine for extending the range of their electric should subscribe to this list because they build their own from turbochargers and tell you all about how to do it.

Measure the voltage.

I'm not sure exactly what it is for EV's.  For PV systems I use around
12.0 to 12.4 volts as the lowest allowable voltage for a 12 volt
nominal battery.  But, when you are looking at a C0.2 rate instead of
a C40 rate, it might be lower????  There's guys on this list who know
better than me for this application.

On 6/18/07, Rob Hogenmiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is there a secret formula for figuring cutoff for a baterry (when you should
stop drawing power from it).

I have a normal lead acid battery.

Group 31 with around 1000 CCA.
12Volts

I'm hoping to use this battery for my first home built EV project.

My sons four wheeler.

This is also a test message to see if my messages are going through.

God bless

--
Zeke Yewdall
Chief Electrical Engineer

CoSEIA Certified
Certified BP Solar Installer
National Association of Home Builders

Quotable Quote

"In the dark of the moon, in flying snow,
in the dead of winter, war spreading,
families dying, the world in danger,
I walk the rocky hillside
sowing clover."

Wendell Berry

  I need help.  I have Zilla problems.  I hooked everything up and
took a ride.  Parked it in the garage and the next day it won't run. I
am getting an 1132 error code (controller did not communicate during
precharge).  Also I am getting a 17.5 volt short from the traction
pack to ground/body of the car.  I have traced it to the controller.
Is this normal?  Why won't the Hairball talk to the controller?  I was
sooo looking to go for a ride.

R. Matt Milliron
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1981 Jet Electrica
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/702
My daughter named it, "Pikachu". It's yellow and black,
electric and contains Japanese parts, so I went with it.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Just keep your eyes out for a trashed power wheels. Usually they just have a dead battery, but sometimes might have a problem with a switch or something similar. You can usually find them very cheap if not free, and they work just like a simple EV so are good for learning on. My youngest is getting too big for hers, so if you were in my neck of the woods you could have it :-)

damon

From: "Rob Hogenmiller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "EV Discussion" <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: AC Motor?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:58:09 -0500

Hi All,

I am new to the discussion list and hope to build many electric vehicles, Lord willing.

I recently purchased a 1999 E-bike.

And am hoping to build my 3 year old son a simple electric four wheeler.

I have AC motor off of a professional buffer for waxing cars and wondering what kind of equipment I would need to convert the DC power to AC to power it?

God bless

Like puzzles? Play free games & earn great prizes. Play Clink now. http://club.live.com/clink.aspx?icid=clink_hotmailtextlink2
Once you take the clutch AND flywheel out and replace with a splined
coupler, they shift up and down like a dream - at least mine does. If you
still have any kind of clutch and/or flywheel in, you may find it hard to
understand. It is that rotational inertia of the flywheel and pressure
plate/clutch disk that makes it hard/slow to shift clutchless. Take all that
out and it just drops in and out of gear, synchros aren't stressed much by
your motor's spinning weight, little inertia there. Upshift is one second,
downshift is less than two seconds (without  speeding up the motor using the
gas pedal, faster if you master this) http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/727
The couplers are easy to make using the splined center of the clutch disk
welded into round bar stock, mill a keyway and/or set screw/pin for the
motor shaft. I've had this one both ways, clutchless/flywheelless is far far
better.

This argument goes on and on, but I have never heard from anyone who set one
up without a flywheel/clutch, didn't like it, and added it all back. But
several people have liked them a lot without clutch and flywheel once they
set up a plain coupler and remove all that spinning weight. I'm not talking
about 150 HP and racing, just daily drivers.
JLC
From: "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:16:30 -0600

Hello everyone,

It is a nightmare, to try to shift my super extra heavy duty industrial
explosive proof transmission without a clutch.  The gears in this
transmission are not bevel ground, but are flat ground.  Have to come to a
complete stop to make a down shift, it even becomes harder to make a up
shift.

The gear noise have increase so a person can here the EV coming from a block
away.

The edges of these gears are flaring over which make them  very sharp where
it can cut you.

I will being changing out this transmission with a super extra heavy duty
race type TH-400 which will be manual shift only without a torque converter
using a manual value body.  A external pump is added so the transmission
clutches are engage up at 0 rpm.