  1) Re: Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Ni-MH cells and Chevron (Re: EV digest 7078)
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Modifying a zilla speed sensor
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: New Lion Electric Vehicles.  Starting under 30k.
        by Peter Eckhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: AGNS takes NEDRA record # 6
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 11) Re: Battery for a Bicycle?
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Planning for the next conversion- Batteries and controllers
        by "Richard Acuti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Ni-MH cells and Chevron (Re: EV digest 7078)
        by Jack Murray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Neutral Timing is Better for Commuters
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) NEDRA board help on 3 wheeled vehicles
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 16) Additional Motor Inductance/better acceleration
        by "Mark Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Planning for the next conversion- Batteries and controllers
        by Don Buckshot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Planning for the next conversion- Batteries and controllers
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) CNN Money: Have you driven a Fjord lately?
        by "Richard Acuti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: what does Ah or ampere hour signify
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: solid state relays
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) E-Dragsters Go for Gas-Powered Records
        by Ralph Merwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: FW: NEDRA Nationals Raffle motor
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: NEDRA board help on 3 wheeled vehicles
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Jims EV Raffle was RE:NEDRA Nationals Raffle motor
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Neutral Timing is Better for Commuters
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Tim Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: NEDRA board help on 3 wheeled vehicles
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 29) photos of OJ  and AGNS
        by keith vansickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
nothing much about the volt in the article
someone should track down the prototype and see if they are actually working on it. some industrial espionage if you will

I'm guessing they are still not committed to it. We have to keep the pressure on them

Dan

Marc Geller wrote:
Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?

http://www.plugsandcars.blogspot.com

God! for GM to put the Volt on the back burner right now would be a huge
mistake for the company. General Motors NEEDS a car like this. The company has
an image deficit compared to Toyota and Honda. I sure hope they get the Volt
into production before Toyota gets their plug-in Prius to market.

Brian

=============

Marc Geller wrote:
> Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?
>
> http://www.plugsandcars.blogspot.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- In my experience, the only nickel batteries with decent power output are in Sub-C size, since they're targeted at the industrial market. Decent brands will usually claim 10C continuous discharge rates. The downside is they only go up to about 3000mAh.

Other sizes (AA/C/D) are aimed at consumer devices - torches, radios, that sort of thing - so aren't designed to put out much juice. I actually played with a handful of those Tenergy AA cells as well and was fairly disappointed, I could only pull ~2C out of them.

-Ian

On 30/07/2007, at 9:08 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Unfortunately, I have tried that Tenergy D cell, and it is crap.

I bought a bunch of Tenergy AA cells to make a NiMh battery for a friend's mobility scooter. The 2600mAh cells tested at about 1900. It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

I emailed the factory and their online store and got no response.

Bill

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- I hope they do too but satanists are known for their poor grasp on right and wrong. It's not like they were unware of the benefits of the EV1 when they killed that..
When they smashed them in the desert..
I would be quite surprised if they did the right thing on their own from now on. even just a little right

Dan

Marc Geller wrote:
Is GM Playing Games with the Volt?

http://www.plugsandcars.blogspot.com

They have been posting video clips online with Q&As and progress reports.
Some of these feature Bob Lutz.  Lutz comes across as a defensive and
arrogant prick.  In one of the most recent clips he responds to a question
by saying "I don't owe you anything!".  That's GM's "take it or shove it"
attitude towards the consumer.  Lutz obviously feels GM only answers to
shareholders and has no responsibility to society as a whole.  This was in
the context of clean diesel where Lutz talks about how it's too expensive,
yada yada yada and how HCCI will be good enough.  Meanwhile, VW and a couple
others are about to roll out 50-state capable clean diesels.  So they must
know something GM doesn't.

If the Volt does come out, it is again, like the EV1, going to be fighting
against a corporate environment which is only begrudgingly committed to it.

nothing much about the volt in the article
someone should track down the prototype and see if they are actually
working on it. some industrial espionage if you will

I'm guessing they are still not committed to it. We have to keep the
pressure on them

They have been posting video clips online with Q&As and progress reports.
got links?
do you know where they are supposed to be working on it?

Dan

Bob "I don't owe you anything!" Lutz:

http://nexttothetoilet.wordpress.com/tag/bob-lutz/

Bob Lutz on making excuses about not doing clean diesel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXA22Q0qXNM

He talks about how urea is required for clean diesels.  Some of the smaller
50-state cars coming over use an innovative system that DOES NOT require
urea.

He also doesn't even mention the benefits of diesel as far as being able to
run biodiesel and SVO/WVO.  That's completely off his radar.

Volt progress report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNbNwst3_C4

The Volt is a larger, heavier car than the EV1, and not quite as
streamlined.  If price is no object, like Tesla's approach, fine, but I
think it is going to be a challenge to bring it to market under $30K with
the amount of lithium batteries it will take to give it a 40 mile range.  I
would not be surprised to see specs change last minute on it that will
completely deflate the current hype.  Like they could do some kind of
financing shenanigans on the battery pack like I've been hearing about.
Making cars affordable takes a lot of work across the board.