Richard Ngo, a top researcher at open AI, recently said something rather
interesting:

"*The closer we get to the singularity the lower my risk tolerance gets.
I’d already ruled out skydiving and paragliding. Last year I started
wearing a helmet consistently while cycling. I think 2024 might be the year
I give up skiing. It’s not that I think the risks are that high,
objectively speaking. But wouldn’t it be unbearably embarrassing to have
your name go down in history as one of the people who died totally
avoidable deaths only a few years before immortality became possible?*"

Risk tolerance <https://twitter.com/RichardMCNgo/status/1754246939527491887>

sr1