On Thu, Jan 5, 2023 at 4:44 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> *Naw, this ain't about John Clark, this is about considering an
> interesting idea.*
>

> https://mindmatters.ai/2022/12/has-a-superintellect-monkeyed-with-our-universes-physics-2/

If Everett's Many Worlds hypothesis is true then the reason our universe
seems to be fine tuned for biological life is easily explained; by contrast
the God hypothesis makes things even harder to explain because if the
universe needs to be fine tuned for a lowly human to exist then it must be
even more finely tuned for an omniscient omnipotent being to exist.

*> According to Hoyle, it may be factual? *

Fred Hoyle was a great astrophysicist and his book "The Black Cloud" is one
of my favorite science fiction novels of all time, but his speculations
about Evolution and biology were amateurish if not downright dumb.
cq9