For years many people, including me, have been saying this is what the
Singularity is supposed to look like, and now it's here. GPT-4 can do
something that until now I didn't know it could do, it can  "*introduce extra
steps in which GPT-4 designs tests to critique its own answers, looking for
errors and missteps, then rewrite its solutions based on what it's found*".

GPT-4 becomes 30% more accurate when asked to critique itself
<https://newatlas.com/technology/gpt-4-reflexion/>

Reflexion: an autonomous agent with dynamic memory and self-reflection
<https://arxiv.org/pdf/2303.11366.pdf>

John K Clark