Despite GPT's obvious intelligence it can occasionally give stupid
boneheaded responses that even a child wouldn't make, but one user has
found that the number of times it makes these brain farts can be reduced by
more than half by simply writing the following sentence after you give it
your question:

* "Let's work this out in a step by step way to be sure we have the right
answer"*

And there are other slightly more complex techniques to reduce that number
even more. If something that simple can improve performance that much it
makes me wonder what GPT-5 will be like.

GPT 4 is Smarter than You Think: Introducing SmartGPT
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVzuvf9D9BU&t=1s>

spt