Even the scientists who build AI can’t tell you how it works (msn.com)

Interview with NYU professor:

''Sam Bowman

So there’s two connected big concerning unknowns. The first is that we don’t
really know what they’re doing in any deep sense. If we open up ChatGPT or a
system like it and look inside, you just see millions of numbers flipping
around a few hundred times a second, and we just have no idea what any of it
means. With only the tiniest of exceptions, we can’t look inside these things
and say, “Oh, here’s what concepts it’s using, here’s what kind of rules of
reasoning it’s using. Here’s what it does and doesn’t know in any deep way.” We
just don’t understand what’s going on here. We built it, we trained it, but we
don’t know what it’s doing.'

Noam Hassenfeld
Very big unknown.''If accurate, are we now looking at Pantheism? Should we?