No is satisfactory for you but is it satisfactory a question, for a majority
of computer and neuroscientists. I am not asking you as an engineer or me as a
nothing. These the people I would ask (pay$) if I could? In others words I have
not read anything distinct from the people. You? Of course! Tired of the
question? Ignore.
Is it plausible that you are correct? Hell yeah! You were the one combating my
suggestion some months ago, that the LLM chatbots were not likely conscious
because these lacked a physical mechanisms that emulated, the amygdala of the
human brain and the neo-cortex. So, I was open to your pantheist contentions.
As the old Union song went, "Which side are you on, boy? Which side are you
on?"
Pick a team, stick with it, unless you have uncovered scholastic data that
makes you change your mind, then present it.
For me, conscious machine is tantalizing but weird! What I would choose instead
are Invention machines that would instantaneously, crank out, vast amounts of
technological improvements, so as to better help the human species survive and
thrive. That's my main interest, and not chatbox machines. If I needed
sombodies opinion, I'd chat with you, a human.
    On Friday, July 21, 2023 at 07:01:11 AM EDT, John Clark
<johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Thu, Jul 20, 2023 at 8:44 PM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 > If its true lets find out?

Intelligent knowledgeable people have investigated if it's true and the answer
is always the same. NO. But some just don't like that answer so they keep on
asking the exact same question over and over and over and over again. It's time
to move on, it's not as if flying saucers are the only remaining mystery in the
universe and we have nothing better to do!
76j

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3x%2BmEpdPFM5BfWfzrTpPdxL2qkoeDHsk0YONUN3X8Mjg%40mail.gmail.com.