On Fri, Jul 21, 2023 at 2:24 PM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*>Hollyweird probably won't do a pic ever on Teller, Ulam, Garwin, who made
> America's first H-Bombs.*

The people in Hollywood like money as most people do, so If Oppenheimer is
a big box office hit then they probably will, but if it's not then they'll
be reluctant to make an expensive biographical film about ANY scientist.
And films about intellectuals have usually not made much money, especially
if they're good.  For example they did make a good movie about another
person who worked with Oppenheimer at Los Alamos, Richard Feynman, it came
out in 1996 and was called "infinity"  but it did not make a lot of money
so we had to wait 27 years for another one.

* > One reason, too many Jews, again!*

Oppenheimer was Jewish.

*> This, because the Dem party is now replacing the old Jewish liberals
> with multi-racial racial Jew haters! This was the main I booked from my
> Born-in Party Johnny!  :-D I saw this coming right after 9-11 when I read
> what Dem pols and Potentates said.*

My knowledge of the Spud language is rudimentary so I only have a very hazy
idea of what that means, but my hunch is it's pretty stupid. Translate it
into English and prove me wrong.

> *> Another reason, is it makes Stalin look bad and he is a Hollywerid
> non-entity now. *

That's ridiculous, these days nobody likes Stalin, ...., well... almost
nobody. By his own admission Trump "fell in love" with another brutal
communist dictator, Kim Jong Un, so if he had ever met him Trump would have
probably fallen in love with Stalin too. And although North Korea is much
smaller and less powerful than the Soviet Union was, I think he's at least
as evil as Stalin.

*> Now the interesting thing JC is that Josep was going wipe out the Yids
> in the CCCP at the time of the Doctors Plot* [ blah blah ]

That was 70 fucking years ago! Do you feel obligated to defend everything
Republicans did 70 years ago?

*> For me, John, me hates both Nazis and Commies the same,*

Me too, it's a pity Trump doesn't feel the same way. When Nazis and
anti-Nazis clashed in 2017 at  Charlottesville Virginia Trump said there
were "very fine people on both sides".

*> Two, many who will see the movie have zero context of the 20th century
> and how things really happened.*

You don't need to know much history to see the movie because the main
thrust of the film is not about anything as petty as Democrats or
Republicans or Nazis or anti-Nazis or Communists or anti-Communists, it's
about the possible extinction of the human race. And Christopher Nolan may
have an opinion about whether dropping the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
was a good idea or not, but after seeing the movie I still don't know what
it is, he lets the viewer decide that on his own.

hnd

r0j