>  It remains a mystery why there's so much more matter than antimatter in
the universe.

Time for a trite, unthought-out, and already-considered-by-everyone idea:

Analogous to how the quantum foam produces particle pairs, some of which
occasionally get split by asymmetric background stuff before they would
have re-merged and evaporated, what if the universe is mostly unbiased but
sometimes bubbles form and split off with matter/anti-matter weightings?
These would be the big-bang-universes-within-a-multiverse type of thing. If
we need yet more statistical massaging, it could get anthropic with only
these kind of universes supporting complexity and life....

Michael
Dammit babies, you've got to be kind.