On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 11:11 AM Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I think such protocols are only useful for verifying whether the image
> came from an already known and trusted source. I don't see that it could
> verify whether some content is genuine or not if you didn't already
> know/trust the entity it is purported to come from (and trust that they
> would not provide you with false content).*

I agree, but I think most people, myself included, would trust that the
entire GPS satellite system is unlikely to be part of some grand conspiracy
of deception, nor is it likely that the Apple Corporation is stupid enough
to do so either because if such deception was ever made public, and secrets
that huge can never be kept for long, it would be the ruin of the trillion
dollar company.  At any rate I'd certainly trust them more than I'd trust
any politician. Or Fox News.

3ep