On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 12:08:43AM -0500, Stephen Paul King wrote:
> Dear Russel,
>
>     Could we associate this "psychological time" with the orderings that
> obtain when considering successive measurements of various measurements of
> non-commutative canonically conjugate  (QM) states?

The word "successive" implies a time dimension already. I'm not sure
what you are proposing here.

>     Also, re your Occam's razor paper, have you considered the necessity of
> a principle that applies between observers, more than that involved with the
> Anthropic principle? Something along the lines of: the allowable
> communications between observers is restrained to only those that are
> mutually consistent. We see hints of this in EPR situations. ;-)

No I haven't considered this second requirement. It would be
interesting to note whether it is a derivative concept (can be derived
from the standard QM principles say), or whether it needs to be added
in as a fundamental requirement (in which case comes the question of
why).

                                                Cheers

> Kindest regards,
>
> Stephen

A/Prof Russell Standish                  Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")