On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:48:35PM +0100, Mirek Dobsicek wrote:

> > If quantum mechanics was done using a real-valued Hilbert space, you
> > simply don't get wavelike interference patterns.
>
> To my knowledge, you don't get interference patterns for *positive*
> real-valued Hilbert space, but for real-valued Hilbert space you do.
>

> Check http://mina4-49.mc2.chalmers.se/~dobsicek/PhDThesis.pdf on page 39
> for a quick review and references.
>
> Sincerely,
>  Mirek

Thanks for the info - I will take a look, when I'm on top of a few
things. However, I'm not sure what you mean by positive real Hilbert
space, as the positive real numbers do not form a field. I can only
guess you mean some kind of non-Hilbert space generalisation, a bit
like my non-Hilbert space non-commutative division ring gadgets I've
alluded to in the past.

Cheers