On 8 January 2014 05:51, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 , LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>    >>> Bell's theorem holds only under a certain set of assumptions,

>>> doesn't matter, time is asymmetric.
>>>

>>  > Not in a manner that affects EPR experiments. Show me an EPR
>> experiment that involves neutral kaon decay and you will have a point,
>> otherwise this is simply not true.
>>

> I don't understand your point, are you arguing that time is asymmetric or
> that it is not? The existence of neutral kaon decay strengthens the already
> very strong argument that time is asymmetric, but only very slightly. Yes a
> movie of neutral kaon decay would look slightly different if run forward
> rather than backward, but not if you looked at the reversed film in a
> mirror and you assumed the electrical charges were reversed. CPT  (Charge
> Parity Time) symmetry still holds true.

I'm arguing that time is symmetric, and that hence Bell's (implicit) 4th
assumption is violated. Bell agreed that this was true, but said the
assumption was valid - he thought time was asymmetric at all levels.
Physics indicates he was wrong (wrong when it counts in EPR experiments,
that is).

I don't know why there is so much fuss over Bell's inequality, and so much
mystical mumbo jumbo about non locality and spooky action and so on, when
it was actually discovered before Bell died that there's a perfectly
reasonable explanation for how his inequality can be violated that retains
locality and realism. It's like physics being sime symmetric is so "far
out" that no one can believe it, yet it requires no new physics and fixes
up all those problems!